For anyone who is attempting to lose weight and get into shape, the most debated upon area to sculpt and tone is the abdomen. The massive muscle that controls all stability in your body is not only a point of concern for strength, but a point of concern for beauty. However, bringing this wonderful part of your body to the forefront isn’t just about diet, it’s the right combination of diet and exercise that brings you the best results, and when you combine something like the hCG diet along with the listed ab routines, you will see your beautifully sculpted midsection come to life in the way you have always wanted.
9 Part Guide to Bigger CHEST (if clicking doesn't work- right click and hit "Save link As")
Many people subscribe to the theory that abs are “only made in the kitchen.” However, a peer-reviewed study has shown that high intensity intermittent exercising can be much more effective at reducing subcutaneous fat and cutting abdominal fat than other types of exercises. That is a massive breakthrough, especially since some of the exercise routines utilized targeted nothing but the core. Core strengthening has always been a guideline practice in working out, especially when coupled with a long-term healthier low calorie diet. The fat that sits around your abdomen is some of the hardest to get rid of because the last place your body is going to pull its energy is the greatest source of your energy. You wouldn’t want to drain the ocean for water and then still think the rivers and tributaries will flow abundantly, would you? The same idea goes for energy deviation in your body, which is why doing just abdomen exercises leaves you so weary so quickly.
That being said, it is important to make the best of the flow of energy you have currently with your core, and here is how you do it: with two specific ab routines that you can alternate daily. Following these exercises with the new knowledge you have gained, you can rest assured that the abs you have seen on television can be yours to access.
The first routine looks something like this:
- 15 second plank
- 15 bicycle crunches
- 15 leg raises
- 15 second plank
The unique thing about this 60 second exercise is that it combines muscle strengthening and conditioning with cardio in order to capitalize on the calorie burn that your body is already naturally experiencing from phase two of the diet explained above. It is an exercise routine that is easy to remember, and is done over and over again for 15 minutes with a 30 second break in between each set. The beauty of this is that, as you get stronger, you do not have to alter the above exercise, all you have to do is cut down on how long you rest in between sets! Challenge yourself! See if you can take that 30 second cooldown all the way down to 15 seconds!
If you are not familiar with these exercises, here is a quick description of them:Follow @AboutLifting
- Plank: hold yourself up in a pushup position with your forearms on the floor, and contract your abdomen in order to hold yourself up.
- Bicycle crunches: lying on your back, link your hands behind your neck and crunch forward and bring your knees up. Touch your right elbow to your left knee, then your left elbow to your right knee. That is one repetition.
- Leg raise: lying on your back, slowly contract your abdomen and raise your legs slowly in the air, then slowly lower them back to the floor. That is one repetition.
The second ab routine that we will discuss is a more static ab routine. Switching daily between the cardio-based routine and the static routine makes it so that your body never truly gets used to one exercise over the other. Strengthening one muscle in several ways ensures an overall strength and health to that muscle that allows it to function more efficiently, and gives it a tone and structure that some people may not ever achieve. This static ab routine is as follows:
- Butterfly ab contraction for as long as you can hold it
- Leg lift for as long as you can hold it
- Torso lift for as long as you can hold it
- Plank for as long as you can hold it
While this may feel like a cardio workout, it is not. These exercises work strictly on your body’s ability to hold it’s own weight for as long as it can, while the workout above works strictly on your body’s ability to perform everything needed as the fastest possible speed. This workout includes a 30 second rest in between each set, and is supposed to stay as such. The thing that changes with this workout is not the rest in between each sets, but the time during the set. Even if you can only hold these exercises for only 5 seconds a piece, you should work your way up to 10, and then 15, and see if you can make it all the way to 30 seconds each! The benefit of these static exercises on your abs, coupled with the cardio ab routine above, is what will give you both short-term and long-term benefits in sculpting and weight loss around your midsection.Follow @AboutLifting
If you are not familiar with these particular abdomen workouts, here is a quick description:
- Butterfly ab contraction: lying on your back, hold your arms above your head and contact your core. Bring your arms and legs as high into the air as you can. Do not worry if you cannot lift your arms and legs into the air, the beginning movement and the contracting of your abs starts the process of strengthening!
- Leg lift: lying on your back, lay your arms by your side with your palms down. Lift your legs slowly to a 45 degree angle off of the floor.
- Torso lift: lying on your back, spread your legs a comfortable distance apart. Keeping your torso as straight as you can, lift your upper body into the air and see if you can get to a 45 degree angle. Do not worry if you cannot get your torso into the air just yet, the movement of contracting your abdomen starts the process of strengthening!
Now, sometimes people want a little boost. They want to see results even faster, or maybe they want reassurance that the work they are putting in is going to pay off. If you are one of those people, then consider a possible weight-loss supplement, something like hcg drops (I found this site while searching for “best weight loss drops”) . It’s a natural option and has a powerful appetite-suppressant action that will aid you in your journey towards health, and will work immensely well in its fat-burning action whenever you are doing the above ab workout routines. After all, having a bigger midsection not only puts more strain on your lower back, it naturally increases your body’s cortisol production because of the strain it puts on your spine, and that leads to the weight ultimately being harder to get off. Cortisol aids your body in retaining fat because one of cortisol’s main functions is to preserve things as they are. It’s a fight-or-flight protection response from the damage your body might incur with the flood of adrenaline to your system. And trust me, It’s a cyclical loop you do not want to get trapped in.