So you want to be a Bigbad lifter? You want to grow big lifting weights? Let me elaborate here simple and tested tips to get your motors running and your veins pumping!
9 Part Guide to Bigger CHEST (if clicking doesn't work- right click and hit "Save link As")
Big bad lifters:
– Lift explosively: We don’t mean that you must just jerk the weight up and down; Lifting explosively applies to the lifting phase of each move. You must basically activate the most amounts of big bad type 2 fibers as you can. By employing these fast twitch fibers you gain the benefit of targeting to grow the larger groups of muscle fibers and basically this will condition your muscles to contract with more force leading to greater output.
– Descend the weights slowly: As you know this produces the most amounts of micro tears and is proven by science to lead to greater muscular growth and torque/ power gains. As a bodybuilder and as a lifter- you must take advantage of that.
– Use drop sets: As you know a drop set increase the intensity of a single set and is basically one of my favorite HIT tools. Drop sets can really bring out the potential of any lacking body part just make sure you use it wisely and safely.
– Experiment on grips and hand positions: After a while of doing a certain program; you should incorporate changes to it from time to time so that your body will not “get bored” of the routines and stagnate. One way to do that is to experiment on grips. Different grips change the angle of which the involved muscles are affected; and experimenting on grips is a good way to make the same move feel brand new! For example try to hold the dumbbells with the palm facing you instead of each other on dumbbell flyes and you will see what I am talking about.
– Utilize Omni-contractions and inflitonic sets: You might have read on those articles that those moves are basically FROM HELL! OH YEAH!
Read more about omni contractions here
– Play music while lifting: This is not so advanced yeah, but it is very important. You need to get pumped up, physically and mentally during a workout and give at least 200%! So start playing the music that gets your motor running!
– Remember the Golden Ratio: We need to always consider the ratio – lighter weights for more reps therefore fewer sets; and heavier weights for less reps but more sets.
– Ain’t nothing but good ol’ cholesterol: Cholesterol is the main ingredient of testosterone; don’t make the mistake of avoiding it and foods that contain them- specifically meats and WHOLE EGGS!
– Don’t Dehydrate: Muscles are 70 – 80% water, what do you think a dehydrated muscle looks like? Or worse do you think dehydration will bring stronger contractions and gains? Take in at least 15 glasses of water a day guys
– Take turmeric: Turmeric has anabolic effects. If you can’t eat it raw, get some in capsule form.
So there you have it: a simple post about some of the most important stuff that you need to remember when lifting weights to build muscle and power!
But I have a question: You must be lifting for some time as well; what are your best practices and what are some of the stuff that you learned on the way? Please share them below. Eat your eggs, people!